The REC Blog is nearly 4 years old. A labor of love. The name will soon be changing.
I just screen-scraped my "Blog Archive" links column to take a quick look back. It's about 2 books worth of content. Dang. One of my REC colleagues once asked "dude, when do you sleep?"
I hope I've added some value to the #Health IT and #healthcare ferment. Sometimes, the more I study, the more I'm aware of how little I know. There is just so much to learn.
Eyeballs deep in several books these days. Working on finishing my own book. Working on some other stuff I'm not prepared to announce just yet. Woodshedding my guitar with a vengeance. That is great fun.
Itching to actually build some stuff, too. Been a "knowledge worker" for my entire white collar career. Building some physical products would be a nice change. I have several ideas.
Loving just living, too, being back with my amazing wife, my best friend of 40 years, after 5 difficult years of work separation. I am one lucky man.
Thanks to all of you that keep stopping by my little pro bono lone-wolf shop. Lots more to come.
The Blog archive to date.
▼ 2014 (34)
▼ March (11)
▼ February (14)
- Mapping EHR penetration, 2013
- Excellent new paper from Nuance
- Issues with Comparative Effectiveness Research
- 'An EHR should not be a federally-subsidized “hard...
- #HealthIT 2014?
- Chuck Webster's "Pragmatic Interoperability," cont...
- "Transparency" games? Are heart surgeons cherry-pi...
- "Your smartphone will see you now"
- This is brilliant
▼ January (9)
- #HIMSS14 Day Four
- #HIMSS14 Day Three
- #HIMSS14 Day Two
- #HIMSS14 Day One. And, off we go...
- “We should not prescribe specific functionality fo...
- #HIMSS14 - Let's ROLL!
- ONC - REC Spin Cycle 101?
- ROI - Health IT Return On Investment 101
- Up next: #HIMSS14
- “In wellness, you don’t have to challenge the data...
- Meaningful Use 2013 review, ONC Working Group Stag...
- Health Affairs TeleHealth Conference
- KatrinaCare.gov update
▼ 2013 (127)
- "There is no way to survive the coming rise in Med...
- "The SOTU is ____________________________."
- BREAKING: Nevada State Health Information Exchange...
- “When it comes to health, your zip code matters mo...
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 is off to a bumpy start
- Next up...
- The Society for Science Based Medicine
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 now fully underway
- Happy New Year to everyone in Health IT
▼ December (10)
▼ November (13)
- Holiday respite
- ICD-10: W6142XA, Struck by turkey, initial encount...
- More #IHI25Forum
- A sad anniversary
- #IHI25Forum Updates
- #IHI25Forum Monday Dec 9th
- #IHI25Forum Day One - Preconference
- Off to #IHI25Forum
- Philosophia sana in ars medica sana
- December 2013: a busy month ahead
▼ October (11)
- A Thanksgiving weekend blogging respite
- Buckshot: the continuing randomness of U.S. health...
- "He never met a vegetable he didn't hate"
- Let's Go Nuts!
- Healthcare "Big Data" will not be a panacea
- NYeC 2013 Digital Health Conference Day Two
- NYeC 2013 Digital Health Conference Day One
- Off to the Big Apple
- One in Three
- Next up: the NYeC Annual Digital Health Conference...
- The ASC X12 834 005010X220/005010X220A1 Lonesome H...
- HealthCare.gov: Nobody Got The 2010 PPACA Memo?
- (404)^n, the upshot of dirty data
▼ September (8)
- HealthCare.gov in the Congressional crosshairs
- DATA: Meaningful Use Attestation and 2014 CEHRT up...
- Federal default averted for now, time to fix the H...
- Shower the people
- Cusp of Convergence?
- ObamaCare HIX: let the Sticker Shock and Benefits ...
- Farzad's next chapter
- Health 2.0 2013 final day
- Health 2.0 2013, Day Two
- Health 2.0 2013 Day One. Lights, cameras, action!
▼ August (10)
- Health 2.0 EDU Day
- Amid the increasing din of negativity, a Singular ...
- HIPAA Omnibus: no more excuses, compliance date is...
- Back online in California
- 12 years ago today
- Headlines and deadlines
- California, here I come...
- Meaningful Use payments update through July
▼ July (10)
- "Medical High School"? What?
- Health IT down the drain
- Are you ready to board the Omnibus?
- HIX Update: here come the Oscars
- "Start Spreading The News..."
- Meaningful Use to become a "political football"?
- The future of the PPACA explained in one small jpe...
- ONC Chief Dr. Mostashari calls it quits
- The "Do Nothing Congress" heads home for six weeks...
- 54 Days and counting. Time to get on the Omnibus
▼ June (8)
- Meaningful Use Payments Update
- An EPIC Tale. Portending an EPIC Fail?
- Delay Stage 2?
- "20%" MU dropout rate? "17% dropout rate"?
- "RECs are well positioned to continue to assist pr...
- The Progress Principle and Meaningful "Use"
- Whither/"Wither" Meaningful Use?
- Happy Birthday, America
- Summer reading list
- July 1st, always a sad day
▼ May (15)
- Bad news for the Meaningful Use initiative
- Hiatus, briefly
- " It's not one-size-fits-all"
- SPC for Lean Newbies
- "Data flowing at the speed of trust"?
- Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit 2013
- Speaking of "Health Information Technology"...
▼ April (11)
- Massachusetts Law 2012.224.108
- If I knew then what I know now... pondering the Na...
- "If I knew then what I know now, what would I do ...
- How Fragile We Are
- California State HIT Day
- Refactored Day 2
- "Refactored" - a jam-packed two days in Mountain V...
- Happy Mother's Day
- The Red
- "Transforming" Health Care?
- Reporting from Reindeer Mountain
- Health 2.0 Refactored 2013
- REC progress data release update from ONC
- Home again
▼ March (12)
- The fundamental problem facing health care policy
- "What happens when an eligible provider or eligibl...
- "REBOOT" report, continued
- Meaningful Use news update
- A new Day. BobbyG's REC campaign is moving to KHIT...
- Meaningful Use attestations thus far by vendor
- LYBBAVERSE: Repost by request
- Weekend update
- Blood on the tracks in Reno
▼ February (10)
- Hello from Walnut Creek
- HIT, meet HIX
- Figliozzi strikes again
- Health data flowing "at the speed of trust"
- HIE - "Bank" on it?
- HIMSS13 Thursday March 7th
- HIMSS13 Wednesday March 6th
- HIMSS13 Tuesday March 5th
- Monday at HIMSS13
- WHAT? "Boil Water order" for NOLA?
- Off to NOLA!
▼ January (9)
- Countdown to HIMSS13 in NOLA
- "Interoperability" - soon to be the #1 cliche of t...
- Flow, meet ebb?
- Cane toads and kudzu
- "The stage 1 criteria were theory-based. Stage 3 n...
- The REC Cafe du Monde Caucus in NOLA at HIMSS13
- Clinical workflow
▼ 2012 (85)
- Hats off to Qualis' WIREC
- Meaningless Auditing of Meaningful Use
- Update from Walnut Creek
- HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule FINALLY released
- HIMSS13 New Orleans: March 3 - 7!
- Wiki Doc Resource: "The Living Textbook of Medicin...
- ARCH-IT website launched
- The Curious Case of the Missing Final Rule
- A 2013 Happy New Year to the HIT sector
▼ December (8)
▼ November (9)
- From the REC Blog, adieu 2012
- December 22nd updates
- Ready, [bleep], Triple AIM!
- #ONC2012 #HealthIT #RegionalExtensionCenters
- G-A-T-C, meet SCOTUS
- December 7th, 71 years ago
- O HIPAA, Where Art Thou?
▼ October (13)
- HIT and the "Fiscal Cliff"
- Happy Thanksgiving to all
- RECs: don't get run over; you won't make the local...
- HealthInsight REC retreat
- "Big Data"? How about REALLY Big Data? "Personaliz...
- Congratulations, President Obama
- The Future of Health IT
- "Obama Administration Sits on Key Regulations"?
▼ September (10)
- In the Federal Register Oct 31st: yet another heat...
- Fred Trotter at Strata Rx 2012
- Hurricane Sandy
- REC Blog post number 1100111
- Stayin' with the numbers: REC Brew 102
- REC Blog Milepost 101
- REC blog post 100
- Health 2.0 SF Final Day: From DC to VC
- Day 2 Health 2.0
- Day One Health 2.0, full on
- Sunday registration and pre-conference events
- Up next...
- Time for procrastinating is over, folks
▼ August (5)
- Au revoir, FY 2012. Bonjour FY2013
- Time to play nice
- The 2014 CEHRT 3rd Wave
- Weekend Updates
- "Savings promised by the government and vendors of...
- “Federal funding of IT was a step in the right dir...
- A sad anniversary
- Draft 2014 CEHRT Certification Testing Stds Issued...
- 45 CFR 164.308 and HIT vendors
- One month to go before risking missing the 2012 At...
▼ July (6)
- Single Source of Truth
- Stage 2 Final Rule and 2014 CEHRT Final Rule
- 2012 Meaningful Use Year One Attestation deadline ...
- Dog Days errata
▼ June (6)
- MCC Hammer
- Post MU incubation
- "The Health Care Handbook" considered
- Analytics - SAS, R, SQL, EHR database schema. An o...
- Primary care: renewal or exodus?
- A sad anniversary for me
▼ May (4)
- PPACA Upheld
- Tick, tick, tick...
- The Association of Regional Centers for Health Inf...
- ObamaScare Section 5405
- Tangent: PPACA at the precipice
▼ April (6)
- 45.CFR.164.3, 45.CFR.164.5, and 42.CFR.2
- Two Years on...
- My first guest cross-post: "Personalized Preventio...
- Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom
▼ March (6)
- Policies and Procedures
- Just in case you thought OCR wasn't serious
- Barriers and Brickbats and Opportunities
- Attestation money thus far
- The Imminent Storm?
▼ February (8)
- Three days of PPACA Orals
- The Jennings Moot Court tees up the PPACA
- PPACA Orals at SCOTUS, March 26-28
- Yet another federal public comment period announce...
- MU Stage 2 and 2014 CEHRT Public Comment Period th...
- Two years on...
▼ January (4)
- HIMSS 2012 reflections
- HIMSS 2012 Final Day
- Stage 2 and CEHRT 2014 announcements
- HIMSS 2012 Day 2
- HIMSS Day 1 quick random photo essay
- Welcome to Las Vegas, HIMSS12
- Greed? Ego?
- Back down in the Weeds'
▼ 2011 (32)
- Down in the Weeds'
- Shovel Ready
- 2012: ruminating on the year ahead in HIT
▼ December (3)
▼ November (2)
- The twisty politics of HIT
- Facts © ™ ®
- Meaningful Use Reimbursements Update
▼ October (6)
- So many topics and issues, so little time
- Blog Hiatus for a bit
▼ September (4)
- ACOs? "Another Crock of, uh, Government"?
- Telemetry (and other stuff)
- 2011 Nevada Health Care Forum, Oct 11th
- IF AIR TRAVEL WORKED LIKE HEALTH CARE
- My heart goes out to Steve Jobs' family and friend...
- National Health IT Hype Week, Sept 27th
▼ August (2)
- The only person who enjoys change is a baby with a...
- National Health IT Week, Sept 12 - 16
- September 11, 2001
- Another "Use Case"
▼ June (3)
- Talk Dirty to Me
- 2011 ONC Regional Conference in Hollywood
- ▼ July (2)
- What does "obtain consent" mean with respect to HI...
- Nevada HIE kickoff event
▼ May (4)
- Meaningful Manual Labor
- Use Case
- Meaningful Use ePHI Privacy and Security complianc...
▼ April (2)
- Meaningful Use, or meaningless "hoopla"?
- Health Policy Research: a promising new resource
- A year of REC blogging
- Athena Health CEO Jonathan Bush on the RECs
▼ March (1)
- Meaningful Use Attestation Day One, April 18th
- Springtime for Meaningful Use
▼ February (2)
- The Ides of our forced REC March
▼ January (1)
- Poof! Where did THAT year just go?
- Bottlenecks, bugs, barriers...
▼ 2010 (6)
- 2011, Meaningful Use Stage I, Year I Showtime. Opp...
▼ December (1)
▼ November (2)
- My Excellent Adventure into the Mecca of Quality
▼ October (1)
- First, Do No "Hold Harmless"
- November 2010 updates
▼ July (1)
- Mulligan: 7.5 months into my REC adventure
▼ May (1)
- Game ON - Meaningful Use Final Rule issued
- Opportunity for collaboration? ASQ and the RECs
More to come...