Search the KHIT Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Six months of mourning

Twenty years and six months, to be precise...

Danielle Leigh Gladd, July 27, 1970 - April 27, 2018




This (2nd photo) is now my iPhone wallpaper. We shot this "selfie" in the family room after returning from the final ER trip, where Danielle had decided to commence home hospice care.

She died six weeks later. Peacefully, just stopped breathing at about 9:25 pm, April 27th.

My girls, 1974, Seattle, the year I got sole custody.

"A tale of two sisters"

Still largely at a loss for words. Hard to wrap my head around losing them both. I lived for those kids.


I do OK, but I can tell a lot of it is the Zoloft talkin'.
_____________

1 comment:

  1. Bobby, my heart continues to ache for you and your family. I loved both of those girls so much, having had the *privilege* of being part of your extended family since the late 1970s in K-town. Sending my hugs to you all ... knowing that is woefully insufficient. Love you, brutha!!

    ReplyDelete