Search the KHIT Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

California, here I come...


I first lived in California in 1967, in the North Beach district of San Francisco. Now, 46 years later, I just spent my first night in our new place out in Antioch at the far NE suburban end of the "Bay Area" (my wife works in Walnut Creek). Beautiful 3,057 sq ft house with a 3 car garage in a quiet neighborhood. 5 minutes to the nearest Starbucks, 15 minutes to the Pittsburg/Bay Point BART Pitts-SFO line terminus. 53 minutes into the city from there (and only $4.50 round trip with the Senior Discount BART Clipper Pass smart card).


With a signed lease and a mailing address I am now legally a California resident. Maybe it's crazy (and will be more expensive, no doubt), but I'm delighted to be back.


Above, the new $6.4 billion western span of the Oakland Bay Bridge is now open. Looking forward to driving across it.

Heading back to Vegas tonight for one final week of packing up and cleaning up. Sale of our Las Vegas house closes on the 16th. Then it's on to Health 2.0 in Santa Clara starting Sept 29th.


BEAUTIFUL SF BAY FOG VIDEO


___

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment