Search the KHIT Blog

Monday, October 30, 2017

6 weekly online sessions, $2,600, and you're a "Transformational #AI Leader"?

I'm on a lot of email lists. This just came in the other day.


Okeee-dokeee, then. In very short order, you'll acquire
  1. "A practical grounding in artificial intelligence (AI) and its business applications, equipping you with the knowledge and confidence you need to help you transform your organization into an innovative, efficient, and sustainable company of the future."
  2. "The ability to lead informed, strategic decision making and augment business performance by integrating key AI management and leadership insights into the way your organization operates."
  3. "Recognition of your understanding of AI in the form of a certificate of completion from the MIT Sloan School of Management - one of the world’s leading business schools."
To "GET COURSE BROCHURE," you have to give up an email address and phone number, and agree to this:
I consent to MIT and GetSmarter contacting me using the details given above, including by automated means, even if I am on a corporate, state or national Do Not Call Registry, subject to GetSmarter's Privacy Policy.
I gave them one of my KHIT email aliases (it maps to my ISP default), and my POS Xfinity hard line that I never use (it came with my Comcast package; incoming calls are probably 99% endless marketing robocalls, and wrong numbers. I just ignore it).

I am reminded of my March 2017 post "12 weeks, 1,200 hours, and $12,000, and you're a "Software Engineer"? See also my last post "Future jobs: robots, nerds, and nurses?"

The brochure notes that this course will principally dwell on 3 topical "AI" sub-areas: [1] Machine Learning; [2] Natural Language Processing (NLP), and; [3] robotics.

For my NLP takes, see "Assuming / Despite / If / Then / Therefore / Else..." Could AI do "argument analysis?" and Continuing with NLP, a $4,200 "study."

You might also find my 2015 "AI vs IA: at the cutting edge of IT R&D" of interest and utility.

More broadly, as I've noted before, there's a thriving market in these myriad "professional certificate" online courses these days. See, e.g., my post going to "Certified Genetic Counselors." (Scroll down.)
__

Whatever. Get their brochure and make up your own mind.


Pardon my dubiety.

UPDATE
"The term “AI” is thrown around casually every day. You hear aspiring developers saying they want to learn AI. You also hear executives saying they want to implement AI in their services. But quite often, many of these people don’t understand what AI is." -- Radu Raicea

ERRATUM

One of my daily web surfing stops is The Incidental Economist. Aaron Carroll, MD is a regular contributor there. He has a new book coming out.


From the Amazon blurb:
Physician and popular New York Times Upshot contributor Aaron Carroll mines the latest evidence to show that many “bad” ingredients actually aren’t unhealthy, and in some cases are essential to our well-being.
Advice about food can be confusing. There's usually only one thing experts can agree on: some ingredients—often the most enjoyable ones—are bad for you, full stop. But as Aaron Carroll explains, these oversimplifications are both wrong and dangerous: if we stop consuming some of our most demonized ingredients altogether, it may actually hurt us…
Looks interesting.
____________

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment