Search the KHIT Blog

Monday, October 16, 2017

What a week! California on fire.



The scope of the Napa-Sonoma-Santa Rosa area fires is breathtaking and disheartening. I know people who have lost everything except their lives. Last Wednesday as I was taking my daughter to her chemo session at Kaiser, the air was thick with the acrid smell of fire, and you could not even see the nearby foothills below Mt. Diablo (we live in Antioch close by Brentwood).

I don't even want to think about the tonnage of toxins in those smoke plumes, given the thousands of structures and vehicles destroyed in addition to the grasslands and woodlands.


Unreal. And, while firefights have made significant gains, it's not over yet. I hope the forecast for rain by Thursday is accurate.
____________

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment