Search the KHIT Blog

Monday, January 28, 2019

Neurotrainer update

Yesterday Cheryl and I spent a delightful day and evening in Mill Valley with my niece April and her husband Dr. Jeff Nyquist. Their San Francisco VC-seed-funded startup, Neurotrainer.com, is making significant progress and coming out of "stealth mode."


They've just landed another NHL team client and an NBA team client (I won't ID them just yet). Their initial focus has been VR-assisted concussion risk mitigation and remediation in the "collision" sports, but the utility of their technology goes beyond just that, into cognitive performance improvement broadly. All based on good science.

Jeff holds a doctorate in neuropsychology from Vanderbilt, and is one of the smartest young men I've ever met. He is a total (and humbling) delight to talk with. And, my niece April could not be more special to me. They make a perfect couple.

I don't want to exceed my brief (I always ask them permission to say anything). Suffice it to say for now that additional capital investment interest is beginning to ensue. One to watch. Long way to go yet.
(Full disclosure: I have no investment stake in Neurotrainer.)
ON DECK, TWO NEW READS


Stay tuned.
_____________

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment