Search the KHIT Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2019

"Seattle is dying"


In 1968, with the birth of my first child, Sissy, I moved from San Francisco to Seattle. Both of my girls were born there. I absolutely loved it there (the "Emerald City" indeed), staying until 1975, when we moved to Birmingham, Alabama. I still have numerous great friendships in the Seattle area.

Just watched a disturbing, sad KOMO News video documentary. Extremely well done.

It says "age-restricted video (based on community standards)."

My, how times have changed. The acute circular confluence of street drugs, crime, mental illness, and homelessness, amid the obscenely wealthy techietopia.

When I was volunteering at Muttville in SF, I used to traverse many blocks of homeless encampments on my way from the BART station. The scenes in this documentary look even worse, if that's possible.
_____________

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment