Search the KHIT Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Crypto Update from the land of "The World's Coolest Dictator"

"More than 2,000 years ago, Aristotle laid out the foundational ideas of Western civilization: the Poetics, which taught us how to tell a story, and the Ethics and Politics, where he defined the essential nature of sound money.

Money, he observed: must be durable, portable, divisible, and scarce.

For centuries, empires rose when they honored those principles—and collapsed when they abandoned them. Devaluing currency, borrowing against the future, and eroding the character of the citizenry led every single one to decadence, ruin, and historical irrelevance.

Then came Bitcoin.

Bitcoin takes Aristotle’s framework to near perfection: programmatic scarcity, near-infinite divisibility, and incorruptible durability across time and space. Pure, peer-to-peer electronic cash.

Then came "cRyPTo."

And shitcoiners gazed upon this marvel of human ingenuity and decided that what the world ackshually needed was not permissionless, unconfiscatable, decentralized money, but a centralized Rube Goldberg machine of faster, "more efficient" payments built on a layer cake of third parties, pre-mined tokens, and infinite degeneracy.

El Salvador is Bitcoin Country for a reason. We intend to win for generations to come."
—Stacy Herbert
 WTF? Who is Stacy Herbert?
 
 
Crypto? Ben McKenzie reflexively comes to mind. 
_____
 
TOPICAL BACKSTORY
 
I've been working away at this book.

Much to recommend it.
 
Nonetheless. I'm a bit conflicted about him.
 
 
Not one word in his book about Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency or el Salvador.
 
OK...

AGAIN, WHO IS STACY HERBERT?
 

"The best legs in bitcoin?"

BUILDINELSALVADOR.COM

 
Yeah, sure.
 
ERRATA
 
Listened to this Nicolle Wallace podcast.
 
 
Just what I needed, another book to jump the VIP rope line. I'd forgotten that Michael's Lewis' new book was coming.
 
Click

Had to get it. I go all the way back reading Michael. e.g., "Liar's Poker," anyone?

 
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment