Search the KHIT Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Health 2.0 2015 Day 2


Opening Keynote: The Surgeon General of the United States.


Irritates the stew out of me that the Republicans obstructed his appointment for so long. Articulate, thoughtful man.
 
Below, Dr. Bob Wachter. Again, I reviewed his fine book here in my post "Obama Administration Report Slams Digital Health Records."


This is one of the most compelling, realistic books I've ever read on the topic of Health IT. I loved his many cautionary observations, both in the book, and via his commentaries on the stage.

Alex! @adrane


Her "Unmentionables" panel presentation was off the hook this year.


More to come on this later. I have way too many shots (and thoughts) to process this morning (about 125 pics in all), and I gotta get moving. Updates as I have time. Seen a ton of innovative, inspiring stuff and incredibly smart people thus far. Whether much of this "transform the healthcare system" enthusiasm is still substantively "Free Beer Tomorrow" (partially in terms of "disparities" -- i.e., population-wide accessibility) is something I will have to ponder longer. I never lose sight of the "Gartner Hype Cycle."

Hope everyone has another great day.
___

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment