Search the KHIT Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2019

My personal G20 Summit

ICD-10, that is.


On December 10th I wrote a post entitled "dx: Parkinson's?"

Just got back from my Kaiser Neurology consult.

Yep. From my visit notes: "Your exam is consistent with clinical diagnosis of Parkinson's disease..."

ICD-10 code G20



There're no direct bioassay nor imaging dx indicators. No cure. Not fatal, just progressively debilitating. Meds are problematic. They ordinal-rank "stage" it I - V. I feel like a 1.5, subjectively. Elevated fall risk is my particular priority concern.

Had a tangential lab draw (thyroid indicator), came home, put on a slow-cook pot of chili, and I'm shortly off to another KP facility for a 3:45 CT brain scan.
To see if they can find one (wocka-wocka), and to rule out any tumor(s)--one would hope.
What-EVER!

Guess I'll have to launch a support/info podcast. This is how you learn. Throw stuff out there--after doing your onset due diligence, so you don't look foolish.


Down in the basement family room. Pulled up one of my old Vegas Logic Pro X podcast tracks onscreen, put one of my mics in front of it, shot a pic with my iPhone, uploaded it to Photoshop, added the text, then took another iPhone pic of all that, with my mug in the shot (with Ranger sitting by, just out of the shot).


I've been told that I have a great face for radio, so this will be a natural.

Called my amazing musician-singer-songwriter friend Doug Brons in Grant's Pass, Oregon, asked his permission to use one of his tunes as my chase tune, segue and v/o-bkg music, a song called 'Dance." Granted.
Sometimes you're up,
Sometimes you're down,
Life can spin you
Like a merry-go-round.
Best way to chase it 
Is to face it, you see,
Just get up and dance...
'eh?

Registered a blog name. Will fire stuff up and get to it ASAP.

Gotta run. Back at'cha later. Stay tuned.

UPDATE

CT brain scan was negative for any pathology (or much else, some might say). Good news. Plan hereafter for now includes stepped-up regular vigorous exercise, which I've already begun (my hoops Jones, to which I'm gonna at least add therapeutic "shadow boxing" at the Y):
Various studies in the 1980s and 1990s supported the notion that rigorous exercise, emphasizing gross motor movement, balance, core strength, and rhythm, could favorably impact range of motion, flexibility, posture, gait, and activities of daily living. More recent studies, most notably at Cleveland Clinic, focus on the concept of intense “forced” exercise, and have begun to suggest that certain kinds of exercise may be neuro-protective, i.e., actually slowing disease progression...[link]
And, more more concerted daily guitar practice, which I need anyway. If I lose my guitar chops, that will be way bad for my headspace.

Not gonna do the Sinemet Rx, for now. Gotta be a better way to elevate the dopamine.

Lots to learn. Lots to try to contribute. Props to my KP physicians thus far.

And, [Bleep] Parkinson's.

SPEAKING OF LEARNING

Add four more to the endless reading pile.


Stay tuned.

WEEKEND UPDATE

Friday cardiology post-SAVR px annual follow-up. Everything looking great there. Really like my new KP cardiologist. Onward to confront my "G20" head-on.

GUITAR THERAPY

Posted this on Crackbook.


If I lose my chops... I don't wanna think about it.

OK, enough boo-hoo'ing. How about a few laughs?


_____________

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment