Search the KHIT Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Let's indulge a brief respite from our intractable doomscroll exigencies

    

for some inspiring, therapeutic 'WTAF?' musical exhilaration.  

Click

My Las Vegas friend Lenny Lopez turned me on to this unreal band from NYC, founded by the siblings photographed above, Clyde and Gracie Lawrence. Talented and wise beyond their years.
 


We need to seriously archive some DNA specimens.
 
I got'cher Family Values right here. 
 

This old washed-up picker is SO out to pasture. 
 
We are leaving stuff in great hands.
 

This last video made me laugh, bringing to mind all those dumbass Ozempic diabetes Rx TV commercials with the singers and dancers. Lawrence could spoof the hell out of those.

This stuff has made my week. 
 
UPDATE: CLYDE, THE SERIOUS SIDE
 
 
The old joke from my time in the music business:
Q: How do you become a millionare as a touring musician?
A: Start out with at least two million dollars.
My wife would tell people that her husband "works in the non-profit sector."
 
SATURDAY UPDATE
 
 
Suzie Collier is the fabulous mother of stunning young musician Jacob Collier. I am so pleased to know of their interactions with Lawrence.

Jacob? Sheee-it... Live in Lisbon:


We are in good hands with all of these humbling young peeps.

OK, MORE

In Vegas, we came to know of and become hang pals with Norway's Ole Borud:


2x Grammy-winner Bill Champlin (my musical hero) in particular hipped us to a bunch of our genius Scandanavian bros. e.g., Sweden's crushingly in-your-face Dirty Loops:


Cheryl and I and the kids got VIP tix to see them live at Boz Scaggs' club in SF. There are no words.

Let me leave you with this for now. My Swede friend Mikael Engstrom turned me on to compatriot Henrik Hansson, who lives in Japan.


So much talent and goodness. Much more substantive than our chronic daily 2024 cognitive blights.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

More shortly...
_________
  

No comments:

Post a Comment